Epic Seven: Kise vs. Sigret (Who’s The Better Unit?)This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy something we may get a small commission at no extra cost to you. (Learn more).
Kise and Sigret are among the best Ice-element DPS Characters in the game. All things considered, you cannot go wrong with any of these two.
But then again, which of the two is the objectively better Character? Is it the clone or the original? It’s a close matchup, but Sigret comes out as the slightly better Character here.
To show you exactly why this is, I’ll compare their Skill Sets and overall performance in three of the most important aspects of the game:
- PVE (Adventure & General Farming)
- PVP (Arena & World Arena)
- Wyvern Hunts (Speed Set Farming)
Kise and Sigret might be near-identical both lore-wise and role-wise, but their main difference lies in how unique their Skill Sets are compared to each other.
- Full Moon Scythe – Deals damage to one enemy. The damage dealt is boosted if the target has a Buff currently active. This Skill can also be soul-burnt which further increases its damage output.
- Dark Scar – Deals damage to all enemies. The damage dealt penetrates the target’s defense. This Damage Penetration is further increased if Kise is under Stealth.
- Nocturne – Deals damage to one enemy and applies Stealth and Barrier for 2 turns to herself. Her Combat Readiness is also increased along with her skill cooldowns. The damage dealt scales off of her remaining HP, and a critical hit will grant her another Barrier which then scales off of her Attack.
- Sever – Deals damage to one enemy. It has a chance of inflicting a Bleed debuff on them for two turns.
- Smash – Deals damage to one enemy. It has a high chance of inflicting a Bleed and Unhealable debuff on them for two turns. If the enemy’s HP drops below 50%, this skill procs Sever as a follow-up attack. This skill can also be Soul-burned which gives her an additional turn.
- Guillotine – Deals defense-penetrating damage to one enemy which scales off of the number of debuffs applied on the target. If the target dies, they are afflicted with Extinction and cannot be Revived.
As far as their Skills go, they’re pretty much even with each other.
Like I said before, both of them are fantastic characters who are almost as equally viable as each other.
In short, they both have amazing Skill Sets for the DPS role — with Sigret winning out in terms of individual damage output and Kise in terms of AOE damage output!
PVE (Adventure & General Farming)
Seeing as most PVE stages are just waves upon waves of multiple enemies, Characters with strong AOE attacks should more often than not.
This is why Kise, with her Skill 2, is more well-suited for farming most PVE Stages compared to Sigret.
Not that Sigret is a slouch when it comes to clearing mobs either.
It’s just that even though she can technically attack multiple enemies with her Skill 2, it’s still not comparable to Kise’s AOE skill.
PVP (Arena & World Arena)
Kise might have an advantage over Sigret in PVE, but Sigret is by far the better PVP Unit because of one simple thing in her kit — Extinction.
This particular Skill counters a lot of team comps in the Arena considering how many of them have self-reviving or ally-reviving Characters like Arbiter Vildred, Ruele of Light, or Roana.
Just like Sigret in PVE, however, this doesn’t mean that Kise is that much worse in PVP.
After all, she’s actually one of the best DPS units to consider if you’re building a cleave team for Arena and RTA!
Wyvern Hunt (Speed Set Farming)
Wyvern Hunt is where we have a clear winner in Sigret as she’s actually one of the best units you can get for the Main DPS role — if not the best.
Her debuffs just make Boss Waves so much easier in the higher Stages — not to mention her Skill 3’s damage output becomes downright insane if you give her Daydream Joker.
Kise isn’t a bad second option for the DPS role since she’s also an Ice-element Unit. But she’s just not as good as her homunculus clone when it comes to slaying Wyverns.