Epic Seven: Tenebria vs. Specter Tenebria (Who’s The Better Unit?)This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy something we may get a small commission at no extra cost to you. (Learn more).
While they’re essentially two sides of the same coin lore-wise, Tenebria and Specter Tenebria are vastly different from each other when it comes to the role they fulfill in any team comp.
Tenebria and Specter Tenebria are both great DPS units. But:
- Tenebria is an AoE damage dealer
- While Specter Tenebria is a Single-target damage dealer
As is the case in most Moonlight Units, Specter Tenebria comes out as the better overall unit compared to her RGB counterpart.
To show you exactly why this is, I have compared their skill sets and overall performance in three of the most important aspects of the game, namely:
- PVE (Adventure & General Farming)
- PVP (Arena & World Arena)
- Wyvern Hunts (Speed Set Farming)
Skill Sets Comparison
As I mentioned before, the difference between these two units lies mainly in their Skill Sets and how they function as DPS units.
So to help clarify all of this, here’s all of Tenebria’s and Specter Tenebria’s skills, along with a brief description for each of them.
- Dark Explosion – Attacks a single enemy. It has a chance to apply Sleep on the target. If this debuff is successfully applied, Tenebria gains 50% increased Combat Readiness.
- Ominous Thunder – Attacks all enemies and decreases their Speed and Combat Readiness.
- Nightmare – Attacks all enemies. Has a chance to Defense Break and apply sleep on all targets. Soul burn is available for this skill. Using it will increase the damage dealt.
Specter Tenebria’s Skills
- Poison Blast – Attacks a single enemy — two if Endless Nightmare is on cooldown. It has a chance to apply a Poison debuff on the target. Soul Burn is available for this skill. Using it will grant Specter Tenebria an extra turn.
- Nightmare Illusion – Specter Tenebria cannot be attacked as long as she has at least one ally still alive. Whenever an ally dies, her stats will be boosted. This effect can only stack up to 5 times.
- Endless Nightmare – Attacks a single enemy and stuns them for one turn. If the target dies, the entire enemy team’s Combat Readiness will be decreased by 50%.
As you can see just from their Skill Sets, Tenebria and Specter Tenebria are both terrific DPS units for any player to have.
However, Specter Tenebria is still the clear winner if we compare just how effective her kit is compared to Tenebria’s — especially if we judge them as pure DPS units and nothing else.
Best for PVE (Adventure & General Farming)
When it comes to farming fodder units, fodder equipment, or just clearing Adventure Stages in general, you cannot go wrong with using either Tenebria or Specter Tenebria.
Although if we were to pick between the two, Tenebria is the obvious choice because of her AoE-oriented skills and Defense Breaking capabilities.
But of course, Specter Tenebria is still a very viable option for most PVE stages simply because she’s a Moonlight Unit — and a hard-hitting one too!
Best for PVP (Arena & World Arena)
In the Arena, the difference between Tenebria’s and Specter Tenebria’s effectiveness as DPS units becomes much more obvious and noticeable.
With regards to mowing down enemy characters, Specter Tenebria comes out as the clear winner with her insane survivability and damage potential.
While Tenebria’s a pretty solid DPS unit herself (especially if you use her in Cleave team comps), she just cannot compare to Specter Tenebria whose skill set makes her an absolute beast in PVP.
Best for Wyvern Hunts
While neither of them is an Ice element unit, both Tenebria and Specter Tenebria are actually quite viable as Wyvern Hunt units.
Tenebria comes in as a great alternative defense breaker and mob-clearer, while Specter Tenebria just slaps enemy units with her high-damage single-target attacks and CR pushbacks.
Although if we have to pick the better unit to bring for Wyvern Hunts, it’s obviously going to be Specter Tenebria.
This is because her insane DPS output can carry a team all the way to even Wyvern 13!