How To Obtain Anima in FFX (Unlock + Stats)This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy something we may get a small commission at no extra cost to you. (Learn more).
Anima is an optional Aeon that can be obtained by returning to Baaj Temple after acquiring the Destruction Sphere treasures from all 6 Cloister of Trials.
Baaj Temple is actually the submerged ruins where Tidus found himself after he arrived in Spira at the beginning of the game.
Anima might also seem familiar to you, since this is the same Anima that Seymour likes to summon in battle.
Step-by-Step Unlock Guide
- Obtain the Destruction Sphere chests in all of the Cloister of Trials
- Board the airship and speak to Cid to access the NavMap
- Select the Search option and choose the coordinates X:11-16, Y:57-63 to unlock Baaj Temple
- Select Baaj Temple from the List section of the NavMap
- Geosgaeno, the same underwater creature from the beginning of the game will return. Defeat it to gain entrance to an underwater room.
- When you enter the room, you’ll find 6 statues that represent each of the temples you visit on Yuna’s pilgrimage including Zanarkand. A statue will light up after you use the Destruction Sphere in the corresponding temple.
- When all 6 statues have been activated, a cutscene will play and Anima will join your party
Anima’s Base Stats & Abilities
Anima is one of the strongest Aeons in the game, second only to the Magus Sisters in terms of raw power. Here’s a quick look at her base stats and abilities when you first obtain her.
Just like other Aeons, Anima’s stats will be scaled based on Yuna’s stats and how many battles she has participated in.
Pain will cause Instant Death to a target unless they are immune to it, just like in the encounter with Seymour at Macalania. If the target is immune to Instant Death, it will deal heavy damage instead.
Anima can learn new spells and abilities through the Aeon menu just like most other Aeons.
Though they don’t have any equipment, Aeons have auto-abilities that become active when they’re summoned to battle.
|Piercing||Inflict full damage on enemies with the “Armored” trait|
|Break Damage Limit||Changes the maximum damage dealt per hit from 9,999 to 99,999|
|Sensor||View enemy info during battle|
|Break HP Limit||Allows maximum HP to go up to 99,999|
|Break MP Limit||Allows maximum MP to go up to 9,999|