How Do You Get The Aithon Mount in FFXIV?This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy something we may get a small commission at no extra cost to you. (Learn more).
The fiery Aithon Mount is acquired as a rare drop from the Bowl of Embers (Extreme) Trial. There you’ll tackle one of many iterations of the Primal Ifrit.
Conquer him and the mount is yours!
This fight is actually the third in a series of battles against Ifrit – the first of which happened back when you were a wee Sprout around level 20.
Note that there’s a Hard and an Extreme version of the same Trial.
You’ll want the Extreme version for this Mount.
Luckily it’s quite easy to do solo at this point, but a Party never hurts.
Unlocking The Bowl of Embers
First and foremost, before tackling the Lord of the Inferno, you’ll need to have completed the ARR 2.0 Story.
This means defeating “The Ultima Weapon” in Praetorium.
Once done, return to The Waking Sands (Southern Thanalan – Vesper Bay, X:10 Y:14).
Your first task will be to speak with Minifilia, starting the Quest “A Recurring Problem”. This is a series of Quests that sees you thwarting pernicious Beast Tribes and their incessant Primal Summoning.
You’ll need to complete some Quests before you can farm your target flaming deity, with more details below:
Ifrit Bleeds, We Can Kill It
- Accepted from Thancred (The Waking Sands, X:6 Y:5)
- Speak to Swift (Ul’dah – The Steps of Nald, X:8 Y:9)
- Re-attune with the Aetheryte in Zahar’ak (Southern Thanalan, X:35 Y:20)
- Defeat Ifrit in “The Bowl of Embers (Hard)”
In For Garuda Awakening
- Accepted from Papalymo (The Waking Sands, X:6 Y:5)
- Speak with Vorsaile Heuloix at the Adder’s Nest in New Gridania
- Re-attune to the Natalan Aetheryte (Coerthas Central Highlands, X:36 Y:29)
- Defeat Garuda in “The Howling Eye (Hard)”
In A Titan Spot
- Accepted from Y’shtola (The Waking Sands, X:6 Y:5)
- Speak with R’ashaht Rhiki at Maelstrom Command (Limsa Lominsa Upper Decks, X:13 Y:13)
- Re-attune with the Aetheryte in the U’Ghamaro Mines (Outer La Noscea, X:24 Y:9)
- Defeat Titan in “The Navel (Hard)”
- Accepted from Urianger (The Waking Sands, X:6 Y:5)
- Once again speak with Vorsaile Heuloix at Adder’s Nest
Gale Force Warning
- Immediately accepted from Vorsaile after completing “Primal Nature”
- Once again re-attune with the Natalan Aetheryte
- Defeat Garuda in “The Howling Eye (Extreme)”
- Return to Vorsaile
- Return to Urianger in The Waking Sands and give him the “Vortex Ritual Focus”
Quake Me Up Before You O’Ghomoro
- Accepted from R’ashaht Rhiki at Maelstrom Command
- Attune with the U’Ghamaro Mines for a final time
- Defeat Titan in “The Navel (Extreme)”
- Return to R’ashaht
- Return the “Crag Ritual Focus” to Urianger
The next Quest, “Ifrit Ain’t Broke” will unlock the final in this particular series.
This will allow you to start farming for your flaming pony.
Hopefully Ifrit drops it like it’s hot for you.
But Wait, There’s More
As you mercilessly slay a flaming deity for you prancing firestarter, you’ll also accumulate several items.
- Inferno Accessories
- Ifrit Triple Triad Card
- Faded Copy of Primal Judgement
- Inferno Horns
- The Nightmare Whistle (Nightmare Mount)
- The Aithon Whistle (Aithon Mount)
Notably the Inferno Accessories can be desynthesized for Inferno Demimateria.
When combined with the Inferno Horns, you can get your own flaming weaponry.
Inferno Horns can also be used to make yourself a very fancy wall Furnishing.
If you don’t see the recipe, it’s likely you need to pick up the Master: Demimateria Recipe book.
Talan (Mor Dhona, X:22 Y:7) sells them for a 1 each of Fieldcraft and Battlecraft Demimateria.
With that, you’re ready to turn the remains of Primals into furniture and fancy sticks. Best of luck in your hunt!