How Do You Get The Black Hayate Minion? (FFXIV)This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy something we may get a small commission at no extra cost to you. (Learn more).
The Black Hayate Minion is obtained rarely as a drop from the final coffer of the Dungeon “Holminster Switch”. This Level 81 Dungeon was added in Patch 5.0 of the Shadowbringers Expansion.
It is unlocked through the Level 81 Main Scenario Quest “The Lightwardens” so no worries on missing out.
Early on in your exploits of the First, you find a world flooded with endless Light. And with that Light came the Sin Eaters and their masters, the Lightwardens.
In an effort to put an end to the unending war against these monsters, the Crystal Exarch has pulled you through the rift.
He bids you off to the once sleepy town of Holminster in Lakeland, now under siege by hoards of Sin Eaters and their lord – Lightwarden Philia.
You can tackle this Duty a number of ways.
Ideally either with a Light (or Dark) Party, or by utilizing the Trust System. You can also unsync this Duty, but some of the enemies will prove a bit tricky unless you’re on a beefier Job. Consider tackling it on a Tank if you decide to go alone!
Making Light Work Of The Lightwarden
Much like other first Dungeons in an FFXIV Expansion, this one throws some unfamiliar mechanics at you. It can be a bit unfriendly if you’re not a veteran, or even if you haven’t delved too deeply into Trials.
No worries, we’ll walk you through how to efficiently tackle each Boss. And you’ll be playing fetch with your new puppy in no time!
- The Path of Light – Moderate room-wide AOE. Heal and mitigate as needed!
- Pillory – A Tankbuster. Mitigate and heal, you know the drill.
- Brazen Bull – Four Orbs will appear in the arena, and after a delay will fire cross-shaped AOEs. These leave just a small wedge on either side of the arena safe.
- Thumbscrew – As Brazen Bull is resolving, the Boss will cast a line AOE towards one of the two safe spots. It’ll then dash to that edge of the arena. There’s a small space towards the corners that will always be safe, so stand there.
- Wooden Horse – Forgiven Dissonance will cast this wide cone AOE immediately after the dash in Thumbscrew, generally towards the center of the arena. Try to stay on its flanks to keep safe.
Tesleen, the Forgiven
- The Tickler – Tankbuster.
- Scold’s Brittle – Moderate AOE damage to your Party.
- Fevered Flagellation – Each Player in your Party will be marked with one to four dots over their head. After a short delay, Tesleen will dash at each Player in order, doing damage to anyone in her way. Spread out in a large square to avoid overlap!
- Exorcise – This attack, pictured above, will require the Party to stack together inside four circular AOEs in the center of the arena. Afterwards it’ll leave behind a puddle which inflicts the “Bleed” Debuff on any Player who steps into it.
- Scavenger’s Daughter – Moderate AOE damage to your Party.
- Headcrusher – Tankbuster, often following every other mechanic. Plan your personal mitigation accordingly!
- Chain Down – A random Party Member, other than the Tank, will be targeted with a large red marker. After a delay, the Player will become Fettered, and the rest of the Party will have to destroy the chains binding them.
- Aethersup – A Large cone-shaped AOE directed at the Fettered Player. Extremely high damage that inflicts stacking “Vulnerability Up” Debuffs. This’ll likely kill any Player caught in it, so hurry up.
- Left and Right Knout – Philia will raise one of his arms, telegraphing which side of the arena will be covered in a 180-degree Cleave. It’ll also inflict a stun and knock them directly in front of the Boss. He’ll cast this twice in succession, so go to the side where his arm is down and dodge into the other.
- Taphephobia – A Targeted Circular AOE on a random Player. Try to spread out to avoid clipping others.
- Into the Light – A Party Stack Marker in the shape of a line. Have everyone form a vertical line behind the targeted Player.
- Fierce Beater – Philia will center himself and then a rotating marker will appear, indicating which way he will be turning. He will swipe behind himself repeatedly with his tail while pounding the ground in front. This means you’ll need to stay on the flank opposite of the direction he is turning to avoid certain death.
Once you’ve conquered and devoured your first Lightwarden, restoring night to Lakeland, pop open the Coffer.
With any luck, it’ll contain your Black Hayate Minion.
If not, you’ll need to keep at the grind until it drops.
It should be noted that Trusts don’t roll on Loot, so it may be a good option should you need the experience. Whichever method you decide, best of luck!