How To Get The Heavy Hatchling Minion (FFXIV)This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy something we may get a small commission at no extra cost to you. (Learn more).
The Heavy Hatchling Minion can be purchased for 20,000 MGP from the Manderville Gold Saucer. More specifically, it can be purchased from either of these two Vendors:
- Gold Saucer Attendant (The Gold Saucer – Entrance Square, X:5 Y:7)
- Minion Trader (The Gold Saucer – Minion Square, X:8 Y:7)
Either will hand over the minion if you have enough MGP. Though the Minion Trader doesn’t have quite as many lists to navigate so it may be simpler.
To access the Manderville Gold Saucer you’ll need to complete a very short Quest.
The Well-Heeled Youth (Ul’dah – The steps of Nald, X10 Y:9) offers the Quest “It Could Happen to You” at Level 15. The Saucer is accessible early in your adventures, as soon as you can ride an Airship.
The Gold Saucer often changes its Event Schedule, putting some on the shelf while others become daily.
It’s always a good plan to check out the Gold Saucer every patch or so. Just to see what new prizes or attractions may have been added.
The Manderville Gold Saucer offers a myriad of ways to earn the MGP you’ll need.
Here’s a list of every Attraction the Saucer offers that can easily net you the scratch:
- Triple Triad
- Lords of Verminion
- Chocobo Racing
- Cactpot and Mini Cactpot
- Doman Mahjong
- The Fashion Report
- Mini-games such as Cuff-a-cur, Out on a Limb, or The Finer Miner
- GATEs (Gold Saucer Active Time Events)
- Air Force One
- Leap of Faith
- Any Way the Wind Blows
- The Slice is Right
These all reward varying amounts of MGP, some small and some huge.
This is in addition to a Weekly reward for completing your Challenge Log. If you complete every Challenge Entry, you’ll actually walk away with roughly 95,000 MGP.
That’s almost five Heavy Hatchlings!
Another note is that your Free Company could even run Actions like Jackpot II, increasing your winnings even further. That’s especially effective considering it stacks with special Events like the Make It Rain Campaign.
What Happens In The Saucer Goes Outside The Saucer
Once you’ve acquired your portly pal, don’t let that stop you from seeing all The Saucer has to offer.
There’s a huge array of prizes to be won.
Some I daresay may entice you more than the Heavy Hatchling Minion. Here’s a list of the Prizes you can cash out for:
|Modern Aesthetics – Adventure
|Modern Aesthetics – Rainmaker
|Modern Aesthetics – Ponytails
|Modern Aesthetics – Curls
|Modern aesthetics – Lexen-tails
|Modern Aesthetics – Great Lengths
|Wind-up Nero tol Scaeva
|A Cold Wind
|Sport of Kings
|Agent of Inquiry
|Torn from the Heavens
|Battle to the Death – Heavenward
|Battle Theme 1.x
|Rise of Heroes (Chiptune Version)
|Vamo’ alla Flamenco
|A Fine Death
These are all in addition to various Glamours. You’re sure to find something that will fit your taste, well after you’re the proud owner of the Heavy Hatchling.
There are always Prizes to be won and fun to be had in the Manderville Gold Saucer!
Should you have a desire for more chubby and bird-like things, great news:
There are three different Fat Chocobo Mounts that can scratch your itch:
- Fat Chocobo – The original Fat Chocobo Mount is available as a bonus along with the A Realm Reborn Collector’s Edition. It even comes with its own special music when you ride it – “Big Boned”.
- Fat Black Chocobo – This Mount was part of a promotion along with Amazon back in 2019. It was made available a second time in 2021, through a special Twitch subscription promotion. So while you can’t get it right now, keep your eyes peeled for future promotions to bag yourself a Fat Black Chocobo.
- Parade Chocobo – Pictured above, this is one you can actually get in the game currently though it’s no small feat. The Achievement “Leaving a Better Impression II” is awarded for amassing 3,000 total Player Commendations. These can take quite a while to accumulate – even if you play as a Tank or Healer constantly.
All in all, it’s always good to have options.
And if you love big fat birds you’ve certainly got some.