How To Get The Prince Lunatender Minion (FFXIV)This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy something we may get a small commission at no extra cost to you. (Learn more).
The Prince Lunatender Minion is a rare drop from the Level 90 Dungeon “Smileton”. This Dungeon was released in 6.0 as part of the Endwalker Expansion, and is optional.
You’ll first need to unlock the Dungeon, obviously.
Unlocking it requires completion of the Main Scenario Quest “Endwalker”. Once you’ve put an end to the Endsinger’s concert, you’ll need to find the Panic-stricken Loporrit (Old Sharlayan – X:12 Y:11).
He’ll offer you the Quest “Cutting the Cheese” which leads you immediately to the Mare Lamentorium. Upon arriving, Buildingway will tell you about how his creation has gone haywire.
Burrowing its way through the Moon creating numerous constructs and causing havoc, it’s up to you to stop it.
Gather up a couple friends or plop yourself into the Duty Finder, and venture into Smileton.
Note: The Prince Lunatender will only drop from the final coffer of the Dungeon, after the Boss. From here you’ll need to win a Loot roll against your fellow Eorzeans to claim it. Which is probably why it’s a good idea to go with friends or FC Mates.
Remember To Smileton (Quick Guide)
Knowing what you’re up against in Smileton before entering is a huge help. Mostly because you’ll be running this quite a bit for your Minion.
Here’s a breakdown of the Bosses:
- Lines of Fire – The Boss tethers to the faces along the sides of the arena, causing them to fire unavoidable line AOEs. Depending on the color, they’ll inflict either Smiley Face (Blue) or Frowny Face (Red). You’ll need to alternate your colors each time or it’ll eventually kill you.
- Off My Lawn – This attack will knock you back in the direction of the arrows on the ground. It is usually combined with either Lines of Fire, or targeted AOEs. Make sure to position properly to avoid doubling up your Color debuff!
- Temper’s Flare – Unavoidable Raid-wide AOE. Mitigate and heal as necessary.
- Upside-Down – Reverses the Faces along the outside of the arena, turning Blue to Red and vice-versa.
- Heart On Fire IV – Tankbuster. Mitigate and heal as needed.
- Circular Saw – Unavoidable Raid-wide AOE. Mitigate and heal as necessary.
- Leap Forward – The Frameworker will face a specific direction and after a delay, leap to that area causing a massive AOE. Simply move to the opposite wall from the one the boss is facing to avoid damage.
- Print Workers – Commands the two Adds in the arena to execute Leap Forward. Head to the corner that neither Add is facing to avoid damage.
- Omnidimensional Onslaught – Two sets of Cone AOEs. First in the cardinals and then inter cardinals. Stand in the second set and move into the first as they go off to avoid damage.
- Steel Beam – Tankbuster. Mitigate and heal as necessary.
Smilemaker: The Big Cheese
- Explosives Distribution – The Boss will place two bombs on each side of the arena conveyor belts. Arrows will appear indicating how far those bombs will move. Stand either in front of the three arrows, or all the way in the back of the arena on the side with one arrow.
- The Boss will combine this with multiple mechanics throughout the fight, so try to stay together.
- Piercing Missile – Tankbuster. Mitigate and heal as necessary.
- Dispense Explosives – The Big Cheese will place two landmines in two quadrants of the arena. You can’t step near these or they’ll explode causing damage and a long Paralysis debuff.
- Explosive Power – Detonates the landmines the Boss placed with Dispense Explosives.
- Right Disassembler – The Boss will fire a Line AOE from their point of view. This means your left since you’ll be facing the Boss.
- Left Disassembler – The Boss will fire a Line AOE from their point of view. This means your right since you’ll be facing the Boss.
- Electric Arc – A Party-stack AOE. Try to dodge mechanics as a Party so that you’re in position to share this damage. Mitigate and heal as necessary.
- Leveling Missile – Targeted AOEs on each Player. Spread apart to avoid overlapping damage.
- Violent Discharge – Unavoidable Raid-wide AOE. Mitigate and heal as necessary.
There you have it, after all of this you should have toppled Smileton.
Now all that’s left is to throw up some prayers to RNG and hope for your Prince Lunatender Minion!