How Do You Farm Natron in FFXIV?This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy something we may get a small commission at no extra cost to you. (Learn more).
Natron is described in-game as “a white powder used in alchemy as a deodorizer and leavening agent.” There are a couple ways to obtain natron, but it is mainly crafted by alchemists who are at least level 25.
|Natron Crafting Details|
You’ll need the following items to craft natron:
- 2 Water Shards
- 1 Effervescent Water
- 1 Rock Salt
Desynthisizing certain items can also provide you with some natron.
Gathering Ingredients for Crafting
Miners and botanists can obtain water shards from several different gathering points across Eorzea. Here is a list of gathering points you can go to for water shards:
- Lv5 Mineral Deposit, Western Thanalan (X:26.8, Y:25.7)
- Lv10 Mineral Deposit, Western Thanalan(X:22.3, Y:28.7)
- Lv15 Mineral Deposit, Western Thanalan (X:27.3, Y:17.0)
- Lv35 Mineral Deposit, Eastern La Noscea (X:28.7, Y:27.3)
- Lv15 Rocky Outcrop, Western Thanalan (X:23.5, Y:23.2)
- Lv30 Rocky Outcrop, Western Thanalan (X:23.5, Y:23.2)
- Lv50 Rocky Outcrop, Western Thanalan (X:18.2, Y:28.8)
- Lv15 Lush Vegetation Patch, Western Thanalan (X:24.3, Y:18.7)
- Lv15 Lush Vegetation Patch, Western Thanalan (X:23.5, Y:23.1)
- Lv35 Lush Vegetation Patch, Eastern La Noscea (X:26.6, Y:30.1)
- Lv40 Lush Vegetation Patch, Eastern La Noscea (X:20.8, Y:29.2)
- Lv30 Mature Tree, Eastern La Noscea (X:27.8, Y:33.8)
- Lv40 Mature Tree, Eastern La Noscea (X:19.1, Y:25.7)
- Lv50 Mature Tree, Eastern La Noscea (X:17.3, Y:32.2)
Defeating Water Sprites can also provide you with water shards. These enemies can be found scattered across the Central Shroud, the South Shroud and Middle La Noscea.
Water sprites are usually found near bodies of water like rivers and lakes. The ones found in the areas listed above range from level 5 to 28.
Miners can find effervescent water from mineral deposits in the South Shroud (X:16.0, Y:19.5). The quickest way to get to this area is to take the aetheryte to Quarrymill and head west towards the exit to Central Shroud.
Remember to keep your “Sneak” ability up if your miner’s level is still in the 20’s as there are some aggressive level 21 kedtraps nearby.
You can also obtain effervescent water from level 24 Mining Exploration ventures and through desynthesizing Perfect Cloth and Unbreakable Rock.
Rock salt is another item that can be gathered by miners, this time from level 15 Rocky Outcrops out in Central Thanalan (X:14.7, Y:22.5). To get here, teleport to Black Brush Station and go towards the exit to Western Thanalan which is southwest of the aetheryte.
Rock salt can also be obtained from level 12 Mining Exploration ventures, or bought from the following NPCs:
- Engerrand – Limsa Lominsa Lower Decks (X:8.7, Y:11.8)
- Esmenet – Il’dah – Steps of Thal (X:9.0, Y:13.6)
- Fridurih – Ul’dah – Steps of Thal (X:13.8, Y:9.6)
- Jossy – Limsa Lominsa Upper Decks (X:10.0, Y:8.0)
- O’rhoyod – Old Gridania (X:14.4, Y:9.0)
- Vral – The Crystarium (X:9.0, Y:12.4)
Uses for Natron
Natron is used by alchemists, culinarians and weavers to make several different items. Here’s a list of recipes that include the use of natron:
- Bag of Booty (Level 64 Alchemist)
- Blood Currant Tart (Level 33 Culinarian)
- Chimerical Felt (Level 58 Weaver)
- Celar Glass Lens (Level 28 Alchemist
- Crumpet (Level 28 Culinarian)
- Crystal Glass (Level 50 Alchemist)
- Felt Lining (Level 42 Weaver)
- Ginger Cookie (Level 26 Culinarian)
- Redoubtable Rolanberry Tart (Level 43 Culinarian)
- Tempered Glass (Level 60 Alchemist)
- Undyed Felt (Level 43 Weaver)
- Worsted Yarn (Level 66 Weaver)
One of the more notable items on this list is the chimerical felt. It is used in over 100 recipes that include several gear sets, tools, and even minions such as the Wind-up Ramuh.