Where To Farm Wolf Fangs in FFXIV (Location + Uses)This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy something we may get a small commission at no extra cost to you. (Learn more).
Wolf fangs can be obtained by defeating wolf enemies in FFXIV. There are many different kinds of wolves in the game, but there’s a good chance that your earliest encounter would be the level 20 Wild Wolf in Upper La Noscea.
To find these wolves, the quickest route would be through Western La Noscea. Teleport to the Aleport aetheryte and travel a short bit north to zone into Upper La Noscea.
Other ways to get your hands on some wolf fangs include treasure hunts, retainer ventures and desynthesis.
But given these options, hunting wolves yourself would still be the most efficient way of farming fangs.
Where To Hunt Wolves
Wolves that drop their fangs when defeated range from level 20 to 50.
Here’s a list the different types of wolves in Eorzea and where you can find them:
- Wild Wolf, Level 20 – Upper La Noscea (X:13.0, Y:24.0)
- Serpent Reaver Deckhound – spawned from the level 20 levequest “Victory is Mine, Not Yours” in Lower La Noscea
- Raggedy Jackal – spawned from the level 25 levequest “Food for Thought” in Eastern Thanalan
- Snow Wolf Pup, Level 35-37 – Coerthas Central Highlands (X:31.0, Y:14.0)
- White Wolf – spawned from the level 35 levequest “Little Lost Lamb” in Coerthas Central Highlands
- Hungry Dreadwolf – spawned from the level 40 levequest “Necrologos: Pale Oblation” in Northern Thanalan
- Watchwolf, Level 46 – North Shroud (X:21.0, Y:20.0)
- Hunting Hound – spawned from the level 52 FATE “Ladies First” in The Dravanian Forelands (X:35.0, Y:25.0)
- Imperial War Hound, Level 50 – spawns inside the Main Scenario Duty “Castrum Meridianum” for the Main Scenario Quest “Rock the Castrum.”
Fangs from Treasure Coffers
The treasure hunt system in FFXIV lets players decipher timeworn maps in order to find hidden coffers in certain zones.
There are many different kinds of timeworn maps, and they can be obtained through gathering as a miner or botanist, completing your weekly Wondrous Tales objectives or purchasing them from the market board.
Wolf fangs can be found in treasure coffers discovered with Timeworn Boarskin maps.
These maps can be found in level 50 gathering nodes, and when deciphered lead you to zones that were introduced in A Realm Reborn.
Retainer Ventures for Fangs
Ventures are a way for retainers to go out into the world and either gain experience points to level up or collect certain items for the player.
As a level 25 Disciple of War or Magic, your NPC assistant can be tasked to hunt for wolf fangs specifically through Hunting Exploration ventures.
These ventures take 40 to 60 minutes to complete depending on the retainer’s level, and can bring back 5 to 15 pieces of wolf fangs depending on the average item level of the gear they have on. An average item level of at least 45 will guarantee that 15 wolf fangs are brought back for each venture.
Assigning ventures to your retainer while you hunt for items yourself is a great way to boost your farming efficiency.
Crafting with Wolf Fangs
Wolf fangs can be used by certain crafter classes to make many different weapons, potions and accessories.
Here’s a list of items you can make with wolf fangs:
- Horn Staff (Level 41 Goldsmith)
- Ivory Staff (Level 50 Goldsmith)
- Mythril Broadsword (Level 38 Blacksmith)
- Spine Drops (Level 30 Alchemist)
- Steel Bardiche (Level 32 Blacksmith)
- Steel Broadsword (Level 28 Blacksmith)
- Superior Spiritbond Potion (Level 72 Alchemist)
- Wolf Earrings (Level 35 Goldsmith)
- Wolf Fang Needle (Level 42 Goldsmith)
- Wolf Necklace (Level 36 Goldsmith)
Of these items, the Mythril Broadsword, Wolf Earrings, Wolf Fang Needle and Wolf Necklace can be desynthesized for a chance at receiving more wolf fangs.