Genshin Impact: Is Dragonspine Spear Good? (Best Character Pairings)This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy something we may get a small commission at no extra cost to you. (Learn more).
The Dragonspine Spear is a free 4-star craftable weapon you get from completing a Dragonspine World Quest. It’s a pretty good weapon, but really only great to pair with Physical Rosaria.
Its strength is just roughly the same or slightly below Crescent Pike, which is another free craftable weapon. So for many characters they would usually have other better weapon choices over the Dragonspine Spear.
At level 90 Refinement Rank 1, the Dragonspine Spear has a Base ATK of 454 and a secondary stat of 69% Physical damage bonus. Its passive is called Frost Burial, and it has the following effects:
- Hitting an opponent with normal or charged attacks has a 60% chance of forming and dropping an Everfrost Icicle. This deals 80% AOE ATK damage.
- Opponents affected by Cryo are dealt 200% ATK damage instead.
- This effect can only occur once every 10s.
The Dragonspine Spear basically works well with every Physical DPS polearm user. And it’s better for Cryo units thanks to the additional damage from its passive.
However, the Crescent Pike is a generally better weapon, especially with refinements.
Still, here’s a more detailed list of its synergy with every current playable polearm user – it’s really very straightforward.
|Physical Rosaria||Any Physical DPS unit||Any non-Physical DPS unit|
- Great means that the Dragonspine Spear works well with the character, and it’s one of their best 4-star options.
- Good means that the weapon works well with the character, but Crescent Pike is generally the better option.
- Not recommended means that the characters don’t benefit from Dragonspine Spear.