Genshin Impact: Is King’s Squire Good? (Best Character Pairings)This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy something we may get a small commission at no extra cost to you. (Learn more).
King’s Squire is just a decent weapon, so it’s not bad, but not really great. It’s not the best-in-slot for any currently playable character, but it often works OK for some units if it’s the only decent bow weapon you have.
At level 90 Refinement Rank 1, it has a Base ATK of 454 and a 55.1% ATK secondary stat.
Its passive is called Labyrinth Lord’s Instruction, and it has the following effects:
- Wielder obtains the Teachings of the Forest effect upon unleashing elemental skills and bursts. This increases their Elemental Mastery by 60 for 12s.
- This effect will be removed when switching characters. When this effect ends or is removed, it deals 100% ATK as damage to one nearby opponent.
- The Teachings of the Forest effect can only be triggered once every 20s.
Thanks to its ATK% secondary stat, it basically works as an ATK stat stick. You can effectively equip it on any ATK-scaling character, and it’s easily one of their viable free-to-play options.
Here’s a more complete list of its synergy with all currently playable bow users.
|Fischl, Tartaglia, Ganyu, Yoimiya, Aloy, Tighnari||Amber, Venti, Diona, Gorou, Sara, Yelan, Faruzan, Collei|
- Decent means that it works on the unit, but there are generally better options – usually other 4-star gacha or craftable weapons.
- Not recommended means that it doesn’t work on the unit or they have significantly better options.
Despite its good ATK stats, its passive does pull it behind most bows in-game.
This is because other craftable bows – namely, Prototype Crescent and Hamayumi – also have ATK% secondary stats and overall better, more versatile passives. So these two are very often the better option over King’s Squire.
Additionally, there are generally far better 4-star bows available in-game.
This is simply because they have stronger passives that better suit specific units – like The Stringless on Fischl and Rust on Yoimiya.