Genshin Impact: Is Moonpiercer Good? (Best Character Pairings)This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy something we may get a small commission at no extra cost to you. (Learn more).
Moonpiercer is generally a decent weapon – it’s just not the best-in-slot weapon for any currently playable unit. Still, it works OK on a couple of units when used in Dendro teams.
At level 90 Refinement Rank 1, it has a 565 Base ATK and 110 Elemental Mastery (EM). Its passive is called Stillwood Moonshadow, which has the following effects:
- After triggering Dendro-related reactions (Burning, Quicken, Aggravate, Spread, Bloom, Hyperbloom, or Burgeon), a Leaf of Revival will be created around the character. This lasts for a maximum of 10s.
- When picked up, the Leaf will grant the character a 16% ATK buff for 12s. Only 1 Leaf can be generated this way every 20s.
- This effect can be triggered whether the wielder is on-field or off-field.
Thanks to Moonpiercer’s passive and EM stats, it’s mainly good for units that scale off EM and consistently trigger Dendro-related reactions.
Here’s a cheat sheet of its synergies with all current playable polearm users.
|Hyperbloom Raiden, Burgeon Thoma||Xiao, Zhongli, Rosaria, Hu Tao, Shenhe, DPS/Battery Raiden, Shielder Thoma, Yun Jin, Candace, Cyno, Xiangling|
- Good means that it works with that character, but they have generally better and more accessible options — usually 4-star gacha or other craftable weapons.
- Not recommended means that the character doesn’t benefit from the weapon or they have significantly better options.
Hyperbloom Raiden and Burgeon Thoma are the two most notable units that can use Moonpiercer.
However, Dragon’s Bane is generally the best option for these two because of its higher EM stat and slightly more consistent passive. Still, Moonpiercer is their best free-to-play weapon option.