Genshin Impact: Is Sapwood Blade Good? (Best Character Pairings)This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy something we may get a small commission at no extra cost to you. (Learn more).
Sapwood Blade is a free 4-star craftable weapon from Sumeru – and it’s a great support weapon for Dendro teams.
At Level 90 Refinement Rank 1, it has a Base ATK of 565 and a 30.6% Energy Recharge (ER). Its passive is called Forest Sanctuary, and it has the following effects:
- After triggering Burning, Quicken, Aggravate, Spread, Bloom, Hyperbloom, or Burgeon a Leaf will be created around the character. This lasts for a maximum of 10s.
- When picked up, this will grant the character 60 Elemental Mastery for 12s.
- Only 1 Leaf can be generated this way every 20s. This effect can also be triggered even if the wielder is off-field and cannot stack.
Sapwood has a really good set of stats – most notably the Energy Recharge secondary stat and Elemental Mastery buff. So it’s especially good in Dendro teams, especially with refinements.
This is because Energy Recharge helps maintain burst uptime, while Elemental Mastery stats buff every Dendro-related reaction.
Here’s a more detailed list of its synergy with every playable sword user.
|Bennett, Dendro Traveler, Nilou||Xingqiu, Keqing, Support Kuki||Ayaka, Jean, Anemo Traveler, Geo Traveler, Kaeya, Qiqi, Albedo, Kazuha, Layla, Ayato|
- Good means that the Sapwood Blade works well with the character, and it’s one of their best 4-star options.
- Decent means that the weapon works well with the character, but there are other better 4-star options – usually free, craftable, or gacha.
- Not recommended means that the character doesn’t work well with Sapwood or there are far better options available.
Additionally, Sapwood can often compete with other ER weapons like Favonius and Sacrificial.
In cases where you need more Energy Recharge, Favonius and Sacrificial are always the more comfortable option – even if it means losing the EM buff. But if you already have enough ER, Sapwood is your best bet.