Nikke Full Burst Guide (How It Works + How To Activate It)This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy something we may get a small commission at no extra cost to you. (Learn more).
To activate Full Burst during combat, you must first execute Burst Skill 1, Burst Skill 2, and Burst Skill 3 – specifically in that order.
This is why it’s very important that you make a team with all three Burst Skill types. If you miss just one, you won’t be able to activate Full Burst.
But in this guide I’m going to explain everything you need to know about the Full Burst mechanic – what it does, how to activate it, and how to determine a Nikke’s Burst Skill type.
What is Full Burst?
The Full Burst mechanic allows your Nikke to deal more damage within 10 seconds, and it is activated right after Burst Skill 3 is executed.
One of the best things you can do during battle is to spam Full Burst as many times as you can, which increases your DPS exponentially.
To do this more effectively, you’ll also know how to optimize your Nikke’s stats, weapon type, element, class, and burst type.
How Do I Check a Unit’s Burst Type?
You can see a unit’s burst type in one of two ways:
- By visiting their character page
- Or by simply looking at their character portraits
As you can see from the image above, Milk’s Burst Skill is Type I. This means her Type I Burst Skill can be used to start the Full Burst sequence – followed by a Type II, then Type III Burst Skill.
You can also usually see a Nikke’s Burst Type just by looking at their portraits anywhere in the game – as is shown in the image above.
This feature comes in handy as it’ll help you make snap decisions about which units to bring in a specific battle.
Burst Skill types are among the most important factors you must consider when building a team, and choosing a team with all three types of Burst Skills should not be ignored.
How To Activate Full Burst (Step-By-Step)
The first thing you need to do if you want to activate Full Burst is to make sure you have all three types of Burst Skills in your team – Type I, Type II, and Type III:
Next, to activate a Full Burst, you must fill up the Full Burst gauge by hitting enemies. The Full Burst gauge doesn’t fill up based on damage, but by hit count.
Each Weapon Type has its own unique Full Burst gauge generation rate. Generally, the faster the weapon’s firing rate, the faster they fill up the Full Burst Gauge.
Once you fill up the Full Burst gauge, you’ll then see two options on the right side of your screen:
- Burst Skill I Timer: This shows how much time you have left to execute the next skill. For Type I Burst Skills, you can wait as long as you want before executing them.
- Burst Skill I Nikke: This shows which Nikke on your team can execute a Type I Burst Skill. If you click on this area, you’ll be able to start the Full Burst sequence.
- Burst Skill II Timer: This shows how much time you have left to execute the next skill. For Type II Burst Skills, you have 10 seconds to execute a skill before the Full Burst sequence resets.
- Burst Skill II Nikke: This shows which Nikke on your team can execute a Type II Burst Skill. If you click on this area, you’ll be able to proceed with the Full Burst sequence.
- Burst Skill III Timer: This shows how much time you have left to execute the next skill. For Type III Burst Skills, you have 10 seconds to execute a skill before the Full Burst sequence resets.
- Burst Skill III Nikke: This shows which Nikke on your team can execute a Type III Burst Skill. If you click on this area, you’ll be able to activate Full Burst.
And voila – you can now use Full Burst whenever you want!
But just a word of advice – sometimes, it’s better to wait before starting the Full Burst sequence by clicking a Type I Burst Skill.
This way you’ll be able to work around the cooldowns of your Burst Skills, as well as save your Burst Skills for tougher enemy mobs or bosses.
I also recommend bringing along more than one Nikke whose Burst Skill is Type III.
Doing this will increase your team’s DPS, as Type III units are usually great damage dealers. Having two Type III units will also allow you to do a Full Burst even with one Type III unit down.
You should also pay attention to your Full Burst Timer, which will be displayed at the upper side of your screen during combat once Full Burst is activated.
Full Burst only lasts for 10 seconds, so make sure to take advantage of it and spam it whenever you can!