Best Black Demon Spots in Old School RuneScapeThis post may contain affiliate links. If you buy something we may get a small commission at no extra cost to you. (Learn more).
If you want to kill some black demons, whether you’re after hefty experience or valuable drops, these are the best spots available:
- Chasm of Fire (Best regular spot, slayer only)
- Taverley Dungeon (Similar to the chasm, no task required)
- Catacombs of Kourend (Dark Totem drops)
- Wilderness Slayer Cave (PVP Zone, added special task-only drops)
- Crash Site Cavern (Demonic Gorillas demii-bosses, best money maker, highest difficulty)
Black demons are high-level monsters that often reside in the darkest corners of Gielinor. They’re generally killed by players who are on a slayer task, since their unremarkable drop-table makes them not worth killing otherwise.
Due to their large health pool, most players that are after them will usually kill them with the added help of a Dwarf Multicannon, to make their task go by much faster.
While battling them, the use of protection prayers or a safespot is thoroughly advised, as their high combat stats will quickly tear through even the greatest of defences.
The Best Demon-Slaying Spots
Chasm of Fire
Just a few steps from the north-west corner of the Shayzien encampment lies the Chasm of Fire.
This quite literal hellhole is home to a wide variety of demonic creatures and their worshippers, and in the very bottom level you will find those that we’re currently talking about (hint, it’s the black demons).
What makes this the best place is the combination of its relative close proximity to a bank, along with the existence of cannon and safe spots.
You can even place a cannon on the very spot that you’re ranging/maging the demons from, so that you don’t have to take a single step!
Keep in mind that the Chasm of Fire is a slayer-only location, so you won’t be able to attack any creatures that aren’t your current slayer task.
The Taverley Dungeon used to be the original go-to place for anyone that wanted to cannon black demons, but it’s not 2007 anymore – and players have more options to choose from now.
Nevertheless, it’s still an excellent spot to use if you don’t want to go to the Chasm, or want to cannon black demons while not on a slayer task.
Having a level of 70 or 80 Agility will let you skip a large portion of the dungeon, and get to the demons much quicker.
Catacombs of Kourend
The Catacombs of Kourend are a very popular choice for players that want to kill black demons, but don’t want (or can’t afford) to use a cannon.
Since you aren’t even allowed to place one down in the first place (and thus can’t be crashed by one).
Like every other monster that resides in the Catacombs, these black demons have a chance of dropping a Dark Totem piece, which can be combined into a full totem to access the Skotizo boss fight.
Be aware that this is a multi-combat area, so facing them head on without protection prayers should be avoided.
There’s also a safespot available for those that wish to play it safe.
Wilderness Slayer Cave
Before reading any further, take note that this is a PvP zone which means other players can and will attack you, so only take with you what you can afford to lose.
The Wildy Slayer Cave is one of the more recent additions to OSRS, and the newest spot that houses black demons.
While on a slayer task given by Krystilia (the wilderness slayer master), these demons have access to a bonus tertiary drop table with valuable items such as:
- Larran’s keys
- Trouver Parchment (most expensive standalone drop)
- Magic Shortbow scroll
- Looting Bag note
Most of these items are exclusive to the minigame Last Man Standing, so ironmen that aren’t the best in PvP can try and get them through this method instead.
Crash Site Cavern
Now this is a little different, because you won’t find your regular ol’ black demons in here.
In this cave, you will find the Demonic Gorillas, which function exactly like the two you fight during the quest “Monkey Madness 2”.
These diabolical great apes are mini-bosses that have some incredible drops, with the most sought-after one being the Zenyte Shard, worth over 13 million coins!
Some other drops of the gorillas are:
- Rune and dragon items
- A wide variety of seeds and herbs
- Metal bars and javelin heads
- Ballista components, such as the Monkey Tail and the Heavy Frame
Pro Demon-Slaying Tips
Here’s a few more things to know about before you venture into battle against the evil demonic hordes:
- While on a slayer task, always wear your Slayer Helmet (or Black Mask) for the added 15% bonus to damage and accuracy.
- Black Demons (and Demonic Gorillas) are susceptible to demon-bane weaponry, such as the Arclight or the aptly named “Demonbane” spells.
- If you’re planning to use protection prayers, It’s a good idea to wear prayer-boosting equipment such as Proselyte or Monk’s Robes.
- The Ash Sanctifier from the Kebos and Kourend Diary will automatically purify/scatter the Malicious Ashes the demons drop for some prayer experience (32.5 or 65, depending if the Elite diary has been completed).
- Granite Dust from the Grottesque Guardians boss can be combined with regular cannonballs to increase their max hit (from 30 to 35). This requires 60 Smithing.