Best Places To Kill Bloodveld in Old School RuneScapeThis post may contain affiliate links. If you buy something we may get a small commission at no extra cost to you. (Learn more).
The best place for bloodvelds is going to depend entirely on whether you want to kill their normal or mutated version, and/or if you’re going to use a Dwarven Multicannon to speed up the task.
In fact, a case could be made about almost every spot available being the “best” one. But the top locations to kill normal bloodveld are:
- Slayer Tower (2.5% bonus slayer exp per tier of Morytania Diary completed)
- Stronghold Slayer Cave (closest to bank, best location to cannon normal bloodveld)
While the best spots for the mutated variety are:
- Catacombs of Kourend (Dark Totem pieces and Ancient Shards drops, can safespot or semi-afk with prayer)
- Iorwerth Dungeon (Crystal Shards drops which can be hard to come by. Can use cannon but it’s single-way combat)
- Meiyerditch Laboratories (best place to cannon mutated bloodvelds)
Bloodveld are a beloved slayer task by many RuneScape players, due to the high amounts of slayer experience that they provide.
When it comes down to picking which of the two kinds to kill for your task, you should ask yourself the following questions:
- Do I want to finish the task as quickly as possible? If yes, normal bloodveld.
- Do I want to make more money per kill? Mutated bloodveld have better drops.
- Do I want a better droprate for hard clue scrolls? Mutated bloodveld it is!
If none of that matters to you, then choose according to the best “location unique” drop for you (my suggestion is the catacombs for totems and shards).
Note: I’m not touching the subject of experience, just because each spot will vary. If you want to be as efficient as possible, go for mutated bloodveld in Meireditch with expeditious bracelets and a cannon.
The Best Spots for Normal Bloodveld
1. Slayer Tower
The Slayer Tower is the original and classic home of many slayer creatures, and that of course includes bloodveld.
This location’s main advantage is the bonus slayer experience received per completed tier of the Morytania Achievement Diary, going all the way up to 10%.
It’s a pretty chill place to slay, and it only becomes better as your account progresses!
2. Stronghold Slayer Cave
Thanks to the very close proximity of a bank, the Stronghold Slayer Cave is perhaps the best location for lower-level players to kill some bloodveld.
Additionally, it’s great for when you want to use a dwarven multicannon to speed up your task (even if the area is single-way combat, it still accelerates your experience gains by a lot).
The Best Spots for Mutated Bloodveld
1. The Catacombs of Kourend
The Catacombs are an excellent choice to do your slayer task for many different reasons:
- The ability to easily safespot them with ranged attacks
- Unique drops of Ancient Shards and Dark Totem pieces
- Semi-afking with protection prayers
More specifically on the third bullet-point above, the way to go about that is by using the “Protect from Melee” prayer, and then aggro-ing all the bloodveld in the room by attacking them.
Note: A cannon can’t be placed inside the Catacombs.
2. Iorwerth Dungeon
There’s generally one reason why someone would want to slay anything in the Iorwerth Dungeon, and that’s Crystal Shards.
Similar to the unique drops of the catacombs, killing monsters (and doing various other activities) while inside the city of Prifddinas & inside this dungeon has a chance to reward players with Crystal Shards.
These shards are used in elven recipes for the creation of multiple pieces of equipment, tools, and potions, and can be a much sought-after resource (especially for ironmen).
Though this location might not be the best place to do so, a cannon can be placed inside the dungeon.
Note: Completion of the grandmaster quest “Song of the Elves” is required to access the Iorwerth Dungeon.
3. Meiyerditch Laboratories
The Meyierditch Laboratories’ dungeon is the most recent addition to the list of areas in the game where you can kill bloodveld (both kinds).
It’s also the only place where it’s possible to cannon the mutated ones in a multicombat area (thus hitting all of them simultaneously).
There’s a few normal spawns of normal bloodveld in the next room too, but not enough to make it a slayer task worthy spot.
The fastest way to get to the labs is by teleporting to the fairy ring (code DLS) underneath the Canifis Pub, and taking the shortcut from the room with Ivandis Tomb.
Note: Partial completion of the master quest “Sins of the Father” is required to access the monsters inside the Meiyerditch Laboratories.
Extra Slayin’ Tips
Here’s a few tips that you should definitely know before taking on the task of killing bloodvelds:
- Bloodvelds use a magic-based melee attack, so it’s best to wear armour with good magic defences, such as dragonhide.
- Demonbane weapons and spells, such as the Arclight, work wonders against bloodveld.
- While on a slayer task, always wear a Slayer Helmet (or black mask) for the amazing bonuses it provides to damage and accuracy.
- The Dihn’s Bulwark special attack is an excellent way to aggro many monsters in a multicombat area.