How To Get a Holy Symbol on Ironman in OSRSThis post may contain affiliate links. If you buy something we may get a small commission at no extra cost to you. (Learn more).
The best way to get a Holy Symbol as an ironman is to make one yourself.
To do that, you’ll need to:
- First make an unstrung symbol with a silver bar
- Then add a ball of wool to it to create an unblessed symbol
- Then go to Brother Jered on the second floor of the Edgeville Monastery and ask him to bless it for you
The whole process requires 20 Mining, 20 Smithing, and 31 Prayer. And we’ll cover the entire process below.
Making a Holy Symbol Step-by-Step
The process of making a holy symbol is as follows (with screenshots!)
Step 1: Getting Silver Ore
You’ll need to get x1 silver ore to create a silver bar.
You can get this ore from:
- Mining it (requires at least level 20 Mining),
- Buying it from an ore seller, such as the Blast Furnace shop in Keldagrim
- Or by getting it as a drop
Mining or buying are likely the easiest methods, but for drops you can get silver ore from a monster like a Cave goblin miner, located outside of Dorgesh-Kaan in the Dorgeshuun Mines (1 in 25.6 chance).
Step 2: Smelt a Silver Bar
To smelt your ore into a silver bar you’ll need at least 20 Smithing.
Alternatively, you can just buy a silver bar directly from the Silver Cog Silver Stall in Keldagrim (225gp each), or from the Ardougne Silver Stall in East Ardougne (150gp each).
Step 3: Create an Unstrung Symbol
Now you’ll need to take the silver bar and a holy mould to a furnace to create an unstrung symbol.
You can buy a holy mould from a crafting store, such as:
- Rasolo in the northwest of East Ardougne
- Dommik’s Crafting Store in the northeast of Al Kharid
- Rommik’s Crafty Supplies in Rimmington
Step 4: Create an Unblessed Symbol
This part is pretty simple:
Just use a ball of wool on the unstrung symbol to create an unblessed symbol.
You can buy a ball of wool from a handful of shops. We’ve listed all the shops below, so just pick whichever one you can get to quickly:
- Aemad’s Adventuring Supplies in East Ardougne (2gp each)
- Carefree Crafting Stall in Keldagrim (3gp each)
- Darkmeyer Seamstress in Darkmeyer (2gp each)
- Hamab’s Crafting Emporium in Ape Atoll (2gp each)
- Little Munty’s Little Shop in Lovakengj (2gp each)
- Little Shop of Horace in Hosidius (2gp each)
- Lletya Seamstress in Lletya (2gp each)
- Logava Gricoller’s Cooking Supplies in Hosidius (2gp each)
- Neitiznot Supplies in Neitiznot (2gp each)
- Prifddinas’ Seamstress in Prifddinas (2gp each)
Step 5: Getting Blessed
Take your new unblessed symbol to Brother Jered, who’s located on the second floor of the Edgeville Monastery.
He can bless the symbol for you, which then becomes your sought after Holy Symbol.
Note: to get to the second floor you need to have at least 31 Prayer.
Alternatively, you can also bless the symbol yourself by using a Holy book or a Book of balance on the symbol – but this method requires at least level 50 Prayer.
Holy Symbols from Hallowed Sepulchre Coffin
At level 52 Agility, you can access the Hallowed Sepulchre Agility activity under Darkmeyer, which gives you access to various coffins.
Coffins require 66 Thieving to be opened, and the higher the floor you’re on, the higher the tier of the coffin you can access (low-tier, mid-tier, or high-tier).
To get a holy symbol, you only want to loot the chest on the first floor (Floor 1), as it gives you a 60% chance of receiving loot according to the low-tier loot table.
On the low-tier loot table, there’s a 1 in 10 chance of getting a holy symbol.
Holy Symbols from Hallowed Sacks
You can also buy a Hallowed Sack from the Mysterious Hallowed Goods shop in the Hallowed Sepulchre minigame for 100 Hallowed marks.
These sacks give you a high chance of getting a holy symbol as loot – here’s how it works:
When you open a sack, you get:
- Five rolls from the low-tier loot table
- One roll from the mid-tier
- Two rolls from the high-tier
This means that when you open a Hallowed Sack, you have five chances of a 1 in 10 holy symbol drop.
Holy Symbol Trivia
The old inventory sprite for the Holy symbol had a shadow behind it, but this was removed in 2005.