How To Get Every Fishing Rod & Lure in Tales of AriseThis post may contain affiliate links. If you buy something we may get a small commission at no extra cost to you. (Learn more).
There are five different fishing rods to acquire throughout the game. Four of them come from the Fishing Master NPC, and the fifth from Kisara’s Ultimate training in the arena.
In addition, there are a whopping twenty different lures to acquire to aid you on your noble quest to capture all forty-four different types of fish from all twelve diverse fishing locations.
This guide will show you how to acquire each rod, and how to go about getting every lure too – since the rods would be pretty useless without anything to entice the fish with!
All Fishing Rods
All but one of the fishing rods are acquired the same way: rewards bestowed from the Fishing Master.
However, the requirements to unlock them vary.
Listed below are all five fishing rods in Tales of Arise, and how to go about attaining them.
Note: The Fishing Master is located at Talka Pond, Elde Menancia, standing next to the pond itself.
|Migal’s Fishing Rod
|Unlocked upon first discovering Talka Pond, and unlocking the fishing minigame
|Awarded by the Fishing Master for catching 10 different species of fish
|Awarded by the Fishing Master for catching 20 different species of fish
|Tenebrae Mk. III
|Awarded by the Fishing Master by catching all 44 different species of fish
|Alliance Marine Rod
|Awarded at the training grounds in Viscint for completing Kisara’s Ultimate challenge
While there are only a handful of fishing rods in the game (and only two locations to get them), there are twenty lures that are found in a plethora of different locations, and in a big variety of different ways.
While any lure could potentially be used to catch any fish, it’ll be a lot easier to use the lure designed for each type of fish.
The following is a list of every lure, and where to find them.
Lures From the Fishing Master
The Fishing Master is more than just a pretty face with a handful of fishing rods, he’s also got eight lures to part with for the budding fishing enthusiast.
|How To Get It
|Obtained upon first meeting the Fishing Master
|Awarded for catching 3 types of fish
|Awarded for catching 5 types of fish
|Awarded for catching 15 types of fish
|Awarded for catching 25 types of fish
|Awarded for catching 30 types of fish
|Awarded for catching 35 types of fish
|Silver Fang Lure
|Awarded for catching 40 types of fish
Lures From the inn
The inns of Dahna also have some lures for sale, as you’ll find upon trading with them.
These specific locations are:
|How To Get It
|The merchant of Cyslodia Inn
|The merchant of Viscint Inn
|The merchant of Niez Inn
|The merchant of Thistlym Inn
Lures Found in chests
These five lures will have to be found through some good old-fashioned exploration! However, if you wish to cut to the chase, here’s where they can be found.
Note: Specific locations are circled in red.
1. Stick Lure – Ganath Haros, Latvu Marshlands. The chest is on a raised platform at the south of the center marsh, which can only be accessed through a jump from the westernmost marsh.
2. Bienfu Lure – Foreland Mountains, South Hiking Trail. It can be found in a tunnel that branches to the east shortly before reaching the summit.
3. Subsurface Mirage – Mahag Saar, Adan Ruins. It’s found by jumping down into the underpass where the water flows out of the cliff, and following the tunnel until you reach a dead end by a gate.
4. Flaptrap – Mahag Saar, Adan Lake. This lure is found in the ruins overlooking the lake itself, after passing through some narrow buildings.
5. Zapie Doppelganger – Ganath Haros, Fogwharl Limestone Cave. This location will be discovered as a legendary fishing spot as part of the ‘Untamable Rage’ side-quest. It’s right at the end of the cave, by the fishing location itself.
To reach this particular location, you’ll have to fight a challenging level 56 boss (Luo Undine). Fortunately there’s a campfire to rest, recharge, and restock just before this happens.
Lures Found from Quests/Rewards
Here’s another three lures you can acquire, this time by accomplishing things in the game – be it through side quests, or further rewards for Kisara in the training grounds.
|How To Get It
|For finishing the side-quest ‘In Sync’
|For completing Kisara’s Novice Training
|For completing Kisara’s Advanced Training