How Do You Get The Golden Beaver Minion? (FFXIV)This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy something we may get a small commission at no extra cost to you. (Learn more).
The Golden Beaver Minion is obtained rarely as a drop from The Shifting Oubliettes of Lyhe Ghilah. Added in Patch 5.4 of the Shadowbringers Expansion, The Shifting Oubliettes function as a sort of instanced dungeon and gambling mini-game.
Any time you complete a Level 80 Timeworn Zonureskin Map, the coffer has a chance to spawn a Portal. This Portal can lead to either The Dungeons or Shifting Oubliettes of Lyhe Ghilah.
Getting Maps for your Portal
You can Gather a Timeworn Zonureskin Map at the following locations:
Botanist – Level 80
- Lakeland – Hare Among Giants, X:12 Y:11
- Amh Araeng – Ladle, X:16 Y:30
- Kholusia – Scree, X:14 Y:14
- The Rak’tika Greatwood – The Wild Fete, X:27 Y:30
Miner – Level 80
- The Lochs – The Church of the First Light, X:35 Y:15
- The Rak’tika Greatwood – The Wild Fete, X:26 Y:29
- Kholusia – Amity, X:22 Y:18
- Amh Araeng – Mount Biran Mines, X:17 Y:12
Fishing – Level 80, using the “Snagging” Ability
- The Tempest – Purepure, X:33 Y:30
- The Tempest – The Norvrandt Slope, X:29 Y:14
Doing The Shifting Oubliettes
The instance functions like a sort of roulette wheel.
Each spin will have you face foes of varying difficulty – or kick you out completely if you land on an Atomos.
After repelling your foes, you’ll be rewarded with a single coffer containing a wide array of treasures. Some great, some not so great. The most notable rewards of the lot are:
- Ballroom Etiquette – Decadent Decoration (Emote)
- Unmatching Pieces Orchestrion Roll
- Golden Beaver Minion
- Frontier Cloth (Material)
- Everywhere and Nowhere Orchestrion Roll
- Enchanted Elm Lumber (Material – used to craft the Magicked Bed Mount)
- Seacloth (Material)
- Dangerous Words Orchestrion Roll
- Tomorrow and Tomorrow – Reprise Orchestrion Roll
- Dragon Icon (Indoor Furnishing)
- Goobbue Lamp (Indoor Furnishing)
- Calf Leather (Material)
- Cloth-softening Powder (Material)
- Shell Leather (Material)
These are in addition to things like Materia, flat amounts of Gil, and random crafting materials from Shadowbringers.
As you progress through the Oubliettes, each successive spin will offer you better rewards. Completing the final stage (the fifth) is your best chance at seeing most of these treasures.
It’s hard to explain just how rare this minion is, but to put it in perspective:
Less than 2% of the entire FFXIV playerbase owns the Golden Beaver.
That means not only will you need boatloads of luck to get it, you’ll also need to resist the temptation to sell it. The Golden Beaver can fetch anywhere from ten to twenty million Gil.
So you could save yourself some time if you have that kind of scratch laying around – but where’s the fun in that?
Grab some friends, schedule a retro treasure map night with your FC, or simply pop yourself in Party Finder. Delve deep into Lyhe Ghilah and pray to RNG to earn your golden minion.