Where To Farm Blaze Shards in Kingdom Hearts (KH1.5)

This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy something we may get a small commission at no extra cost to you. (Learn more).

Blaze Shards are dropped by the Red Nocturne Heartless, and by White Mushrooms, as well as from Bambi’s summon in Traverse Town.

The best place to farm these shards would be at the Castle Gates in Hollow Bastion.

You can get here if you disembark in the Library, then leave out the front entrance (from the room with the fountain and double staircases). Right outside you’ll be able to wipe out lots of Red Nocturne, then leave the world & re-enter again to keep farming.

Standing Near Castle Gate in Hollow Bastion / KH 1.5 HD Screenshot

How To Get Blaze Shards (All Options)

Since there’s really only two heartless you can farm for these shards, there aren’t a ton of options.

And since White Mushrooms are much harder to spawn (plus harder to work with) your best bet is definitely the Red Nocturnes, followed by Bambi as a decent 2nd farming method. But let’s look into all 3 below:


Red Nocturnes

Fiery and fierce, these little floating red guys can be found swarming throughout Traverse Town, Wonderland, Agrabah, Hollow Bastion, Monstro, and the End of the World.

They have an 8% chance (6% in Final Mix) to drop a Blaze Shard.

These Heartless will be your best choice to farm Blaze Shards, and there’s a couple good locations to hit up.

Grinding Red Nocturnes at the Castle Gates balcony in Hollow Bastion will be the absolute best spot.

But you could run through Traverse Town Districts 2 + 3 (along with the Hotel and alleyway) and take out all the enemies along the way. You’ll be sure to hit some Red Nocturnes in your travels.

Single Red Nocturne on Hollow Bastion Walkway / KH 1.5 HD Screenshot

White Mushrooms

These rare heartless can be found in fixed locations in the game, with the easiest locations probably being Deep Jungle, Wonderland, and Halloween Town.

If you can play their little game of charades properly then you’re almost guaranteed to get a Blaze Shard.

These guys will drop a Blaze Shard 100% of the time when you cast a Fire Spell as the last spell. But due to how rarely they spawn, this is not the best way to farm for shards.



Summoning Bambi in Traverse Town and filling up his gauge will give you lots of drops.

If you manage to fill up his gauge x3 times, he’ll have a 60% chance to drop a Blaze Shard. Or if you only get the gauge filled twice, he’ll still have a 40% chance to drop one.

This is actually a practical way to farm, only because Traverse Town is so easy to run through & there’s easily-accessible save spots to refill MP to keep summoning Bambi.

Not to mention there’s also Red Nocturnes all throughout Traverse Town – so this is a decent farming method you can try out as well.

Bambi Summoned in Traverse Town 3rd District / KH 1.5 HD Screenshot

Blaze Shard Uses

Blaze Shards can be used in a handful of synthesis recipes in KH1 and KH1.5 Remix.

Here’s a list of everything you can make with these shards.

Cottage: A healing item that fully restores each party member’s HP & MP outside of battle. You can make this in KH1 with List I and x2 Bright Shards and x3 Blaze Shards.

The KH1.5 Remix recipe differs and doesn’t require any Blaze Shards.

Elixir: Fully restores a character’s HP and MP in battle. Make this in KH1 with synthesis List I and x2 Blaze Shards, x2 Frost Shards, x2 Thunder Shards, and x4 Mythril Shards.

But again here, KH1.5 Remix has a recipe that doesn’t involve Blaze Shards.

Magic Amulet: An accessory that adds MP +1 and enhances your magic power. Make it in KH1 with List II and x3 Blaze Shards, x3 Frost Shards, x3 Thunder Shards, x2 Mythril.

In KH1.5 Remix, you can make this accessory with List I and x3 Blaze Shards, x3 Frost Shards, and x3 Thunder Shards.

Three Stars: Protect yourself against the forces of darkness with +20% resistances against fire, blizzard, and thunder attacks, as well as an extra +3 defense.

You can synthesize this in KH1 using List III and x3 Blaze Shards, x3 Frost Shards, x3 Thunder Shards, x1 Orichalcum, and x1 Shiny Crystal. But KH1.5 Remix has a different recipe with no Blaze Shards involved.

Mega-Ether: Restore 3 MP of every party member.

If you’re playing KH1.5 Remix you’ll need List II and x1 Blaze Shard, x1 Frost Shard, x1 Thunder Shard, and x2 Mythril. The original game’s recipe is much different and doesn’t require Blaze Shards.

Golem Chain: Gain the might of a Golem with this accessory, offering +3 Strength and +1 Defense. Make this in KH1.5 Remix with List II and x3 Blaze Shards and x1 Spirit Gem.

The original KH1 recipe doesn’t need Blaze Shards.

Atlas Amulet: Help anyone become a better mage with an extra +2 MP, +2 Defense, and enhanced magic/summon power.

You can make this in KH1.5 Remix with List IV and x5 Blaze Shards, x5 Frost Shards, x5 Thunder Shards, x1 Mystery Goo, and x3 Dark Matter.

Red Nocturne Spawn Location at Hollow Bastion Gate / KH 1.5 HD Screenshot

Are These Worth Farming?

These shards are easy to get & they become quite abundant throughout your journey.

Farming should be super easy, and it’s entirely possible you won’t be farming for long since the drops aren’t too tough to get.

Plus many of the items you can craft are worth crafting multiple times, so getting your hands on bundles of Blazing Shards is absolutely a good idea.

Browse: Video Games