Where To Farm Mythril Shards in Kingdom Hearts (KH1.5)This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy something we may get a small commission at no extra cost to you. (Learn more).
Mythril Shards are a common synthesis ingredient that drop from the Pot Spider, Barrel Spider, and Pot Scorpion Heartless.
You can also get these as drops from Bambi in the World Terminus in End of the World. This location is definitely the best farming spot, although there’s actually a couple spots in End of the World you can grind for drops.
Fighting the Behemoth in End of the World gives you a 20% chance to get a Mythril Shard.
But the more reliable way to farm is to use Bambi at the World Terminus, specifically at the Deep Jungle part of the World Terminus.
Go into it blasting Thundaga and wiping out as many Heartless as quickly as possible. If you can fill his gauge up x2 times in End of the World, he has a 40% chance to drop a Mythril shard. Or if you can fill his gauge x3 times then you’ll have a 60% drop chance.
Where Can I Get Mythril Shards?
The following Heartless all have a chance to give you Mythril shards:
These creepy crawlers have a mere 1% chance to drop a shard.
They can be found in Agrabah and Monstro in the highest numbers, but farming them will definitely take a while.
These even creepier crawlers are much like our other spider friends – except these guys come out of a wooden barrel.
These also have a 1% chance to drop a shard.
And you can find these spiders in Monstro, Neverland, and World Terminus.
Pot Scorpion (KH1.5/Final Mix Only)
Found at the Palace Gates in Agrabah, this heartless has a bit of a puzzle you’ll want to solve to help max out your drop rates.
We covered this Heartless in more detail in our mythril stone farming guide, so check that out for more info.
But here’s the gist: he’ll be surrounded by 11 other pots at the very end section of Agrabah (the area after Aladdin’s house).
You should try to smash the empty pots before attacking him to start the fight. You can tell which ones are empty by just running into the pots – any pots you can move by running into them are empty & can be broken. Avoid the pot that won’t move & hit that one last.
If you do this correctly and hit the Pot Scorpion after breaking all the other 11 pots, then he has a 20% drop chance for a Mythril Shard.
Bambi (End of the World)
Summoning Bambi in the End of the World and defeating many enemies will fill up his gauge.
If you manage to defeat enough enemies to fill up Bambi’s gauge x3 times, he’ll have a 60% chance to drop a Mythril Shard (this is part of his summon effect).
Or you’ll still have a 40%chance if you only manage to fill it x2 times.
Note that this only works in End of the World, because Bambi’s drop table changes based on the world you’re in.
With all this said, Bambi’s summon is by far the simplest method of farming lots of extra Mythril Shards.
But let’s also look at the fixed locations KH1/KH1.5 where you can get more shards without having to farming anything.
Mythril Shard Event Items
- After completing Pooh’s Swing, cast Fire at the campfire at Pooh’s House and talk to Pooh
- Complete the Rabbit’s House Torn Page
- Rescue 42 puppies and then visit the Dalmatian house in Traverse Town
- Deliver the second Postcard in Traverse Town
- Deliver the third Rare Nut to Owl
- Give an Elixir to a flower at the Lotus Forest in Wonderland
Mythril Shard Treasure Locations
- Blue Trinity Mark at the Coliseum Gates (Olympus)
- Blue Trinity Mark at the Throat (Monstro)
- Red Trinity Mark at the Treasure Room (Agrabah)
- Red Trinity Mark at Oogie’s Manor/Manor Ruins (Halloween Town)
- Green Trinity Mark in the Bizarre Room (Wonderland)
- Green Trinity Mark in the Mouth in Monstro
- Chest in the Accessory Shop in Traverse Town
- Chest in the Item Workshop in Traverse Town
- Chest in the Second District in Traverse Town
- Examine a book in the Bizarre Room (Wonderland)
- Examine a plant in the Bizarre Room (Wonderland)
- Chest at the Camp Tent in Deep Jungle
- Chest at the Cliff in Deep Jungle
- Chest at the Waterfall Cavern in Deep Jungle
- Chest at the Cave: Hall in Agrabah
- Chest in the Treasure Room in Agrabah
- Clam in the Undersea Valley in Atlantica
- Clam in the Undersea Gorge in Atlantica
- Clam in Triton’s Palace in Atlantica
- Chest near the Sunken Ship in Atlantica
- Chest Below Deck in Sunken Ship in Atlantica
- Chest at the Manor Ruins in Halloween Town
- Chest at the Clock Tower in Neverland (available at 3:00)
- Chest at the Clock Tower in Neverland (available at 11:00)
- Chest at the Wood: Meadow in Winnie The Pooh’s Book
- Chest at the Bouncing Spot in Winnie The Pooh’s Book
- Two chests at the Final Dimension in End of the World
Mythril Shard Uses
Mythril Shards are used in an assortment of recipes for either healing items or some helpful accessories:
Elixir: You can synthesize this in the original KH1 using List I and x2 Blaze Shards, x2 Frost Shards, x2 Thunder Shards, and x4 Mythril Shards.
If you’re playing KH1.5/Final Mix, the recipe will not require any Mythril shards and instead needs rarer items to create.
Mega Potion: You can synthesize this in the original KH1 using List II and x1 Blaze Gem, x1 Frost Gem, x1 Thunder Gem, and x2 Mythril Shards.
If you’re playing KH1.5/Final Mix then the recipe will instead need List I and x1 Spirit Shard, x1 Power Shard, and x4 Mythril Shards.
Dark Ring: Ward off the darkness with this resistance accessory. It will grant any party member 20% extra dark damage reduction, and +3 Defense.
To synthesize this in the original KH1 you’ll need List I and x2 Lucid Shards, x1 Bright Shard, and x1 Mythril Shards.
The recipe in KH1.5/Final Mix doesn’t require any Mythril Shards.
Guard Earring: This powerful accessory offers an extra +3 AP and +1 Defense.
You can synthesize it in KH1.5 using List II and x3 Bright Shards, x1 Frost Shard, and x3 Mythril Shards.
Note this recipe only requires Mythril Shards in KH1.5/Final Mix, not the original KH1 game.
Mythril: You can craft more of this high-value Mythril material using Mythril Shards, but only in KH1.5/Final Mix. It needs List III and x5 Mythril Shards, x1 Mythril Stones, and x1 Mystery Goo.
Are Mythril Shards Worth Farming?
You’ll come across a sheer abundance of these things along your journey, either through fighting or exploring.
So you should find a decent amount just playing the game.
But if you need to farm more to synthesize a bunch of extra potions or elixirs, then Bambi will be your best bet.
Other than using him, I wouldn’t recommend going completely out of your way to grind out the 1% chance drops from Heartless.
If you’re that desperate for potions it would probably be better to grind munny to buy them instead!