Epic Seven: Sol Badguy vs Cermia (Who’s The Better Unit?)This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy something we may get a small commission at no extra cost to you. (Learn more).
Sol Badguy and Cermia are among the best Fire element DPS units in the game. They’re best built as either pure damage dealers or tanky bruisers who can go the distance in a fight.
But if we have to pick the better unit out of the two, then Sol Badguy is most definitely the clear winner if we consider all game modes and team comps.
To illustrate further exactly why this is, I’ll compare their Skill Sets and overall performance in three of the most important aspects of E7:
- PVE (Adventure & General Farming)
- PVP (Arena & World Arena)
- Wyvern Hunts (Speed Set Farming)
While they are both Fire Element fighters who can dish out huge amounts of damage if built correctly, their kit has several key differences that separate them from each other.
- Gunflame – Attacks a single enemy. The damage dealt is boosted if the target isn’t buffed. If Sol’s Fighting Spirit is full upon using this skill, Roman Cancel will be triggered. Sol gains 20 Fighting Spirit.
- Volcanic Viper – Whenever an enemy uses a non-attack skill, Sol’s Combat Readiness will increase. If an enemy uses an AoE attack skill, Sol will counter with an attack that scales off of the target’s max HP before silencing them for 2 turns. Sol gains 20 Fighting Spirit.
- Tyrant Rave ver. Beta – Attacks a single enemy and makes them Unbuffable. After the attack, extra damage will be executed regardless of whether the attack landed or not. Soul Burn is available for this skill – it lets the skill avoid Effect Resistance.
- Roman Cancel (Extra Skill) – Extends all existing buffs by one turn and grants Sol an extra turn. Upon activation, it will consume all of Sol’s fighting Spirit.
- Playing With Fire – Attacks a single enemy. It has a chance to inflict an Unhealable debuff.
- Hot Streak! – Applies a Greater Attack buff on herself before granting herself an extra turn.
- All-In! – Attacks a single enemy. The damage penetrates the enemy’s defense by 50%. Soul Burn is available for this skill. It increases the damage dealt by “All-In!”
As you can see, both of them are best suited for nuking down a single enemy and neither of them have any kind of AoE attack skill.
While Cermia’s certainly no slouch and can still be considered as a viable one-shot unit nowadays, Sol Badguy just does a markedly better job when it comes to pure, single-target damage.
PVE (Adventure & General Farming)
When it comes to mowing down mobs of monsters or battling high-difficulty bosses, Sol Badguy once again takes the cake.
Do note, however, that Sol wins this category only by a small margin if we stop and compare his PVE performance to Cermia.
After all, Cermia can fill Sol Badguy’s role in almost any farming or anti-boss team out there — so much so that they’re almost interchangeable. Basically, you’ll be fine with having one and not the other!
PVP (Arena & World Arena)
Sol Badguy wins yet another commendation for being the better choice when it comes to facing down fellow characters in the Arena and the World Arena.
Not only does Sol Badguy’s kit allow him to effectively counter Cleave teams, but it also lets him one-shot most characters with ease. Simply put, he’s a fantastic unit for any team to have.
Though Cermia shouldn’t be underestimated. If built properly, she can also one-shot characters like Sol as if they’re made of papier-mâché.
Wyvern Hunt (Speed Set Farming)
Due to both of them being non-Ice element units, Sol Badguy and Cermia aren’t exactly the best characters to pick in Wyvern Hunts.
If you don’t have any viable primary or secondary Ice element damage dealers, however, either one of these two will serve as decent replacements until you get better units.
Although, do keep in mind that forcing them to carry a team beyond Wyvern 11 might be a little too much — especially if you don’t have the gear to back it up.
If you’d like to know which characters are better for Wyvern Hunts, we have a Wyvern unit tier list ready to go.